Cart 0 items: $0.00

Princess and The Bear

2016 Sans Plus Attendre
Wine Specs
Vintage
2016
Aging
Drink now
Alcohol %
15

Domaine Modat
2016 Sans Plus Attendre

In Stock
Add To Cart
$34.99
/ 750ml
SKU: DMAttendre16

The wines of Domaine Modat stood out like a diamond when we first tasted them at a Paris wine fair.  Then we went to visit the domaine.  Wow!  The 57 acres of organic and biodynamic vines are perched above the Agly Valley, near Perpignan, in the Roussillon.  The vineyards sit on a plateau at 1,000 feet of altitude which looks out over Canigou Mountain, the sacred mountain of the Catalans.

Wine Specs
Vintage
2016
Aging
Drink now
Alcohol %
15
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
Concentrated fruit, melon, some herbs, even a little licorice and vanilla in the long finish.
Vineyard Notes
The soil is mainly composed of white, grey and red gneiss (granitic sand) over a base of fractured granitic rock, ideal terroir for making fine, elegant wines.
Production Notes
The hand harvested grapes are placed immediately in very cold pre-fermentation vats to help retain all the complex phenols giving flavor and color to the juice.  Fermentation is done using native yeasts.  65% of the wine is aged for 15 months in stainless steel vats, the other 35% is aged for 10 months in oak barrels.
Food Pairing Notes
Decant it an hour before drinking; the oxygen will bring a fuller, more silky quality. Enjoy it with red meat or fresh goat’s cheese; it stands up equally well to spicy, exotic sauces.